Rules for Short-Call Abstracts
Submission start: 4th August 2014
I. Rules for submission
- The aim of Short Call Abstracts is to present the newest, original and highest impact research in the field of thyroidology.
- The authors should indicate which of the three categories their work falls in: clinical, translational or basic. Abstracts should clearly state the following:
- Presenting Author’s name (underlined) and full contact details, plus name and address of co-authors
- Abstract title
- The data submitted to be selected as Short Call Abstracts must be new, not published before (including meeting/conference presentations).
- The data submitted to be selected as Short Call Abstracts must not become publicly available before the first day of the ETA meeting. This means that if the authors submit their data for publication in a scientific journal and the paper is accepted, they must request the publisher to embargo their publication until the first day of the ETA meeting. Otherwise the authors will be asked to withdraw their abstract from ETA meeting.
II. Abstract evaluation and deadlines
- Abstracts will be evaluated according to the same rules as regular abstracts.
- A maximum of 4 abstracts will be selected for 15-minutes oral presentation (10 minutes for data presentation + 5 minutes for discussion) on early Wednesday morning
- Submission Start: Monday, August 4, 2014
- Submission Deadline: Monday, August 11, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: Monday, August 18, 2014
Short-call abstracts should be submitted to the Standing Office: firstname.lastname@example.org only during the above dates!
III. Publication of Short-Call Abstracts
Short-call abstracts will be posted on the website prior to the meeting and published in future ETJ issue (after the meeting).